– Marvel and Netflix are going into partnership to create four TV series based on the heroes; Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist, with the potential to combine all in a crossover called the Defenders. It has been announced that they will all be filmed on the streets of New York, creating thousands of jobs, and millions of dollars’ worth of tax incentives. Filming is due to start Summer 2014.
– Rumours about a brand new Matrix Trilogy have been spreading like Wildfire. According to Comicbook.com, the Wachoski brothers have begun writing a new trilogy of films for the Matrix franchise. There is currently no information about what the films will be about – will they be post revolutions world, or prequels to the existing trilogy? We also don’t know whether the Wachoski’s will be directing as well as writing
– Harold Ramis, writer of most notably Ghostbusters, Groundhog Day, and Analyse This, regrettably passed away last week. He is probably best known for his role as Egon Spengler in the Ghostbusters franchise, so this has come at quite a bad time due to his involvement in writing the script, and appearing in the upcoming Ghostbuster movie. Filming has had to be put on hold, but the studio promises it will start moving forward in 2015.
– Karl Urban announced at a Star Trek convention, that he is in conversations with Lionsgate bosses about a Dredd sequel. The movie has gained quite a cult following, and is popular with original Judge Dredd fans, but didn’t do very well in the box office. Fingers crossed it makes a return to the screens.
– Big Trouble in Little China, the 1980’s movie starring Kurt Russell, is going to be turned into a brand new comic book series. Not only that, but it is also hitting our screens in the form of an animated series. Boom! Studios, the comic’s publisher, are forming a partnership with Cartoon Network, to create a new series. There are currently no dates as to when it will be available to watch/read.
– Jeff Goldblum will reprise his role of David Levinson, in the upcoming Independence Day sequel. Unfortunately, he will not be appearing in Jurassic World, the next movie in the Jurassic Park franchise.