– Wentworth Miller is going to be playing Captain Cold in CWs upcoming television series, The Flash. The character is a known villain in the DC Universe, and one of the Flash’s primary nemeses.
– The Shining is getting a prequel called the Overlook Hotel which will be directed by Mark Romanek. The movie will be based on Stephen King’s original prologue to the novel, which was cut from the book before it was published. The script has been written by Glen Mazzara, known for his work on The Walking Dead.
– Steve Rogers aka. Captain America, has lost his super soldier powers in the Marvel universe, and The Falcon (Sam Wilson) is his replacement. Falcon will take over from Rogers in the Captain America comic book series, starting with issue 25 in October.
– The arcade game Space Invaders is becoming a movie. Warner Bros. has acquired rights for the classic game and is intending on creating a feature film. The movie will be produced by Akiva Goldsman, Joy Harold, and Tory Tunnell.
– Marvel has cast Deborah Ann Woll to appear in their upcoming Daredevil series. She will be playing the role of Karen Page, Matt Murdock’s secretary, and ultimately, one of his main love interests. Daredevil is currently in production, set for a 2015 release.
– Jason Isaacs will be lending his voice to Star Wars Rebels character, The Inquisitor, for the upcoming animated series. The Inquisitor is the shows primary villain, a Pau’an who is hunting down Jedi. The series will be released later this year.
– Stan Lee will definitely have a cameo in upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy movie. He will be playing ‘Xandarian Ladies Man’ according to the list of cast released by Marvel. Nathan Fillion’s cameo has also finally been confirmed. He won’t be playing Cosmo as initially speculated. Instead he plays the role of Monstrous Inmate.
– Marvel have announced that Thor is going to be replaced by a woman – Lady Thor. The comic will be written by Jason Aaron, with art from Russell Dauterman. “No longer is the classic male hero able to hold the mighty hammer, Mjölnir, a brand new female hero will emerge who will be worthy of the name Thor,”